November 29, 2006

Hallelujah!

I've been sidelined by a foot injury for six weeks now. Something called a neuroma, or maybe sesemoiditis, my athletic-trainer sister tells me. Whatever you call it, it has been a major cramp in my style since I haven't been able to run or even walk much. But finally, FINALLY this week things are looking up. For one thing, I got a different pair of shoes that doesn't pinch or squish and lets my poor old foot spread out wherever it wants. For another, I haven't worn high heels or dress shoes for days (except a couple hours for church). Or maybe it was just a matter of time. Whatever the reasons, I'm back at it--my foot feels good and I've been able to go out walking a couple of times with no painful results. Yippee!

Perfect timing--now maybe I can exercise off the 3 pounds I gained over Thanksgiving before I put on 5 more at Christmas. :p

No comments: